With a size of 444 square kilometers and a population of over 160.000 Curacao is the largest island within the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Curacao enjoys an open economy with a flourishing tourism sector. Although tourism plays a major role, the economy is diversified and plays a major role in international trade, shipping services, refining, storage (oil and bunkering) and international financial services. Curaçao holds a qualified intermediary status from the United States Internal Revenue Service and is an accepted jurisdiction of the OECD and the Caribbean Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering. Curacao adheres to the EU Code of Conduct against harmful tax practices. Due to its status as a separate country within the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Curacao offers truly unique benefits to its residents including:
- Strategic location between north and south America including ample airlift directly to key locations including the USA (New York, Miami), Canada (Toronto) and Europe (Amsterdam, Dusseldorf).
- Preferential market access to the EU due to its status as an Oversees Country and Territories (OCT), as well as trade benefits with the USA under the Caribbean Basin Trade Partnership Act (CBTPA).
- State of the art ICT infrastructure including among others: 5 submarine optic fiber cables, direct satellites as well as a Tier IV datacenter.
- High-quality and independent judicial system based on Dutch law, guaranteeing independent court proceedings and rules with a Supreme Court in The Hague.
- Turn-key real estate investment opportunities including extensive return track-records.
- Wide range of tax incentives ideal for international business development, asset protection and estate planning.